UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tile trim on external corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
There is a way you can feed three trims to each other by doing a mitre in a funny way.

If you get the two horizontal ones to meet, as with a standard mitre, then cut the third to an arrow-like shape, offer the arrow up to the mitre and cut the mitre to all the arrow to slot in it.

If that makes any sense at all.

I call that one, the triple-arrow-mitre-dan :D

If you get stuck I can grab some trim, cut it and take a pic for you if it comes to it, I have some trim handy somewhere from when I used to graft.

T

tileman2

An easy way is to stand the trim on its edge and cut the 45 degree angles for the return bit then cut away the flat trim

Done that on two bits of trim and i get a 45 degree mitre perfect for the inside and outside of the window

put the third bit up to to the point

The third bit you put up to the point of the 45 degree is it to be cut at 90 degrees or tto a point as stated in previou post by Dan

Regards

Kev

L

L & R CERAMICS

There is a way you can feed three trims to each other by doing a mitre in a funny way.

If you get the two horizontal ones to meet, as with a standard mitre, then cut the third to an arrow-like shape, offer the arrow up to the mitre and cut the mitre to all the arrow to slot in it.

If that makes any sense at all.

I call that one, the triple-arrow-mitre-dan :D

If you get stuck I can grab some trim, cut it and take a pic for you if it comes to it, I have some trim handy somewhere from when I used to graft.
what u on the dole now then:angel_smile:

L

Leatherface

Hi
there is a far easier and neater way
My local tile shop sells corners that suit 2 & 3 way joins. They do them in white & cream from sizes 6 to 10 mm ( maybe 12 as well ) Around 28 pence each. Much quicker and neater than mitering.
The shop is called Fishers in Huddersfield - they will prob post you some if you order with your card.
They also do Chrome to order.
Will try & get pic 4 u

T

tileman2

Hi
there is a far easier and neater way
My local tile shop sells corners that suit 2 & 3 way joins. They do them in white & cream from sizes 6 to 10 mm ( maybe 12 as well ) Around 28 pence each. Much quicker and neater than mitering.
The shop is called Fishers in Huddersfield - they will prob post you some if you order with your card.
They also do Chrome to order.
Will try & get pic 4 u[/quote

Do you use these on most jobs.

Regards

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile trim on external corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1st time tiling, decided our ensuite would benefit from being a wetroom. Quick question, any...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Work Done Epoxy grout was installed by the Grouting company on the tiles on the external balcony...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.