Discuss Tile Trim Position in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi All,

looking through various posts,the general consensus when fitting tile trim around a window is that the trim fixing plate is positioned on the horizontal & vertical walls of the reveal.

I am now ready to fix the tiles & trim around our bathroom window but if i do it as above the cut tiles on the vertical face wall will only butt up to the trim & the uncut tiles in the reveal will be 'hidden' under the trim.

Surely it makes sense that the facing cut tiles go under the trim so the fixing plate goes on the vertical walls.

Is there a calculation I should know to fit the trim i.e. Do I have to carry the tile cut over the reveal as the trim extends 5mm past the tile,then allow for adhesive bed and the thickness of the other tile that butts up to the trim ,sorry if it sounds confusing.

Regards Paul

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Think I get what your saying. ....the easiest way to tile round a Window is this...

Tile the face of the wall round the whole window ...the 2 vertical sides..top and bottom.
Cut the trim to fit on the inside of the reveal.
Spread the adhesive onto the inside of the reveal and fit the trim making sure it is flush with the tiles on the face of the wall.
Then cut the tiles to the inside of the reveal and stick them in....you may need to add extra adhesive to these tiles to make them flush with the trim...

As always its hard to explain on a forum but I hope you get the drift...most tilers on here have proberly tiled round thousands of Windows and no doubt someone may like to add anything extra..:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile Trim Position in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Looking soon at retiling a shower enclosure walls at a local leisure centre. Once...
Replies
Views
Work Done Epoxy grout was installed by the Grouting company on the tiles on the external balcony...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB