Discuss Tile up to or above curved cooker hood? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jazzhands

I am about to start tiling a kitchen which has a fixed curved glass cooker hood. The glass can't come away from the wall because the screw holes for securing the glass don't allow for any movement.

As far as I see it I have 3 options (hopefully they make sense):
  1. Finish the tile height up the splashback at the same level as the bottom of the wall cupboards leaving a gap between the top row of tiles and cooker hood that can then be emulsioned
  2. Tile up to the glass on the cooker hood - bit of curved cutting to do to take in the shape and then stop there
  3. Tile up past the height of the glass on the cooker hood to finish level with the top of the wall cupboards - even more awkward cutting and the pelmet will not be going all the way across
Tile options.jpg

What would you do?

pencil.png

Attachments

• Tile options.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 165
J

jazzhands

The hood is one of these:
cooker hood.jpg

It comes in 2 sections that allow the flue to extend to the ceiling (flue splits in 2). I could probably remove the lower section with the glass hood and tile behind it then drill the new mounting holes through the tiles. At some point though where the top of the tiles ends the upper section of the flue will end up being back to the wall and so will look like it has a gap at the front where the 2 sections slide together or a gap at the back against the wall where I have had to stand the upper section off the wall to make it a continuous vertical run upwards - yikes did that actually make sense!
Another knock up - side on:
Side on.jpg

Reply to Tile up to or above curved cooker hood? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile up to or above curved cooker hood?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.