Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss Tile Weights. in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

E

EH TILING

Hi everyone, just wondered if any of you could help me out. I am going to look at a job tomorrow which is a shower cubicle that needs tiling the client has told me that 2 walls are sand and cement render with skim and the other wall is plasterboard(not skimmed) Tiles are B&Q travertine but dont know size yet she just says they are big, heavy and rectangular. can anybody tell me the maximum weight per m2 for the different substrates so I can explain to the client why I will be recommending using backer board at least for the plasterboarded wall.
Thanks
Ed

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile Weights. in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB