Guest viewing is limited

Discuss tiler or not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

I was in my local tile shop the other day and another tiler walks in and starts spouting the biggest load of pi*sh I have ever heard.

Many weeks ago this guy offered me loads of subbie work in front of all the staff (clearly trying to be the big man) because he was so busy, but never ever called. Anyway in he strolls the other day and starts tlking about the job he was working on.

Anyway here it goes-

tiler: ohh am, tilin way masive tiles the day, masive tiles:cool:

Me: eye how big then,

tiler: masive 1200x900 porcelain:cool:

Me: ow eye very good. what are you charging for that then per m2 £15 (jokingly)

tiler: A dont get oot ma bed for any less than £35 m2 the suite they riped oot was 15 grand so you can imaging what am chargin for the tiling.

Me: very good, what condition are the walls in then

Tiler: Crap, its oright though i just build the walls out with the addy a few inches here and ther ya know.:cool:

Me: OH eye, eye

Tiler: eye thats what am in for the now more addy, building these walls oot am goin through a ton of it. but a love working with that stuff its great, pointing to the adhesive

I LOOK ROUND TO SEE WHAT HE IS LOADING UP WITH, MAPIE D1 TUBBED GEAR.
(ceramic wall tile adhesive)
Me: Dont you use rapid set to build the walls out then.:huh2:

Tiler: na na you need to mix that ****.

Me: ohh right, well good luck.

Well I hape you enjoyed that, will keep you posted on any further hillarious discussions I have with this guy.

Does anyone else know of any experienced very busy tilers who can fix extreamly large format porcelain tiles using ceramic tile adhesive with up to 4 inch deflections in the substrate. Just wondering.

C

CLAYS TILES

I was in my local tile shop the other day and another tiler walks in and starts spouting the biggest load of pi*sh I have ever heard.

Many weeks ago this guy offered me loads of subbie work in front of all the staff (clearly trying to be the big man) because he was so busy, but never ever called. Anyway in he strolls the other day and starts tlking about the job he was working on.

Anyway here it goes-

tiler: ohh am, tilin way masive tiles the day, masive tiles:cool:

Me: eye how big then,

tiler: masive 1200x900 porcelain:cool:

Me: ow eye very good. what are you charging for that then per m2 £15 (jokingly)

tiler: A dont get oot ma bed for any less than £35 m2 the suite they riped oot was 15 grand so you can imaging what am chargin for the tiling.

Me: very good, what condition are the walls in then

Tiler: Crap, its oright though i just build the walls out with the addy a few inches here and ther ya know.:cool:

Me: OH eye, eye

Tiler: eye thats what am in for the now more addy, building these walls oot am goin through a ton of it. but a love working with that stuff its great, pointing to the adhesive

I LOOK ROUND TO SEE WHAT HE IS LOADING UP WITH, MAPIE D1 TUBBED GEAR.
(ceramic wall tile adhesive)
Me: Dont you use rapid set to build the walls out then.:huh2:

Tiler: na na you need to mix that ****.

Me: ohh right, well good luck.

Well I hape you enjoyed that, will keep you posted on any further hillarious discussions I have with this guy.

Does anyone else know of any experienced very busy tilers who can fix extreamly large format porcelain tiles using ceramic tile adhesive with up to 4 inch deflections in the substrate. Just wondering.
was he welsh then??:lol:

C

charlie1

yea I wonder how many guyys out there are practicing like this, I dare say you could use dispersion on large format tiles and porcelain but how long will they stay up. Is it really orth the worry. No chance.. Anyway my initiall point was to highlight the bull the guy spoke, the impression I was getting from im was that I should have been impressed with the size of tiles he was using and building walls out ( BIG FU**IN DEAL) and offcourse how much money he was making. Wether he was telling the truth is anyones guess. Pr**k.

Will keep you all posted on further adventures with super tiler. Tune in next week.

He will be doing well to better 1200x900 porcelain though with tubbed gear.

Reply to tiler or not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello friends. I am looking for a bit of advice, you would be so kind. I have been a long...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tiler or not
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.