Discuss Tiler Required In Wembley Area to Tile a Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Castillo

Hi,

I'm looking for a tiler to tile my bathroom in a 1st floor flat.

I'm currently renovating the 27 year old bathroom and will replace the existing bath with no shower with a new bath and thermostatic bath/shower mixer tap.

For this reason the substrate around the bath will need waterproofing before tiling - this is made of plasterboard. I'm looking at preping this area with Mapei Aquadefense before getting a tiler in - or if you have a better suggestion...

All existing tiles will be removed before the job.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Thanks for posting the job to the forum.

If tilers could please contact @Castillo by private message if they're interested in the job, that'd be great. You click on the members name, and when the box pops up, click Start Conversation. That's then a private thing between you two.

As for the job, I'd let the tiler do the tanking, they might even have some left over from another job so wont need to bill you for a full kit.

Get the tiles off, change the furniture, then the tilers ready to tile straight away. Obviously they can come take a look at the job at any point and provide costings etc.

Who's changing the bath etc? Are you doing it yourself?

C

Castillo

Thanks for posting the job to the forum.

If tilers could please contact @Castillo by private message if they're interested in the job, that'd be great. You click on the members name, and when the box pops up, click Start Conversation. That's then a private thing between you two.

As for the job, I'd let the tiler do the tanking, they might even have some left over from another job so wont need to bill you for a full kit.

Get the tiles off, change the furniture, then the tilers ready to tile straight away. Obviously they can come take a look at the job at any point and provide costings etc.

Who's changing the bath etc? Are you doing it yourself?

Hi Dan,

I'll be changing the bath. The bath is sitting over 3 sections of tougue and groove chipboard allowing it to flex. I'm planning on overboarding under the bath area with one section of18mm ply to firm up the flooring.

The toilet has been changed, but has been loosely installed so that the cistern can be removed and the toilet moved slightly forward to be able to tile behind it.
The old bath sink has been removed and the new one will be installed once the tiling has been completed.

O

Old Mod

@3_fall springs to mind

Of course!

Nobody better down that way IMO!

Well thank you gentleman for your vote of confidence! Truly!!
Not so sure others will agree! :D
Wembley is North West London and I'm South West.
I'll have to check but I may need to renew my Visa to travel there! Haha
Currently I'm booked till around at least mid September I'm afraid,
Mark could probably drive there quicker than me! :)

C

Castillo

Well thank you gentleman for your vote of confidence! Truly!!
Not so sure others will agree! :D
Wembley is North West London and I'm South West.
I'll have to check but I may need to renew my Visa to travel there! Haha
Currently I'm booked till around at least mid September I'm afraid,
Mark could probably drive there quicker than me! :)

Hi 3_fall,

You come highly recommended on here!

I could wait until mid September, but would it be possible to visit in the next two weeks to look at and price up the job?

O

Old Mod

Hi 3_fall,

You come highly recommended on here!

I could wait until mid September, but would it be possible to visit in the next two weeks to look at and price up the job?

Blimey thought I'd sent this after u msg Cam grrrr

Hi
Well I've been through my diary, well scraps of paper,
I'm sure that even if I said mid September, in reality I just wouldn't make it.
The work I already have booked is definitely more complex than I remembered, and I wouldn't want to make false promises, which I know this would be.
I don't even think I could find half a day to come price it in the next two weeks I'm afraid.
I know it sounds a bit like I might be fobbing u off, but no, I'm afraid not.
Blimey this lot would NEVER let me hear the end of it! Haha
Apologies!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I wasnt being sarcastic, I was stating a fact.
I didn't mean just now. I meant when I was stating the fact that I wouldn't trust a tiler who can work tomorrow, and you sarcastically said does that mean you're a bad tiler because you can usually start tomorrow.

You're a right bag of laughs Sharon. Not.

P

p4ulo

Hi Dan,

I'll be changing the bath. The bath is sitting over 3 sections of tougue and groove chipboard allowing it to flex. I'm planning on overboarding under the bath area with one section of18mm ply to firm up the flooring.

The toilet has been changed, but has been loosely installed so that the cistern can be removed and the toilet moved slightly forward to be able to tile behind it.
The old bath sink has been removed and the new one will be installed once the tiling has been completed.

Hey Castillo. When you site the bath, put a batten of wood along the wall/walls it abutts for the bath to sit on too, this will help spread the weight. Definitely renew/replace/strengthen any flexing floor underneath it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiler Required In Wembley Area to Tile a Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi I everyone. I have just had a wall re-plastered in my bathroom, using lime plaster. The...
Replies
Views
broughy
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB