Discuss tiler in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I personally wouldn't employ foreigners.
Imo there are diluting the building trade and driving down prices.
We should be more like Australia where foreign workers are substancialy vetted to make sure they are suitable to be employed.
This would stop the employer taking advantage of them. As your finding out.

This is not directed at you per sie. ...For all I know you could be a great guy.
I just feel our country is becoming overun with foreign migrants and we should be more picky who we let in to work here.

Micho

TF
Serbia
I personally wouldn't employ foreigners.
Imo there are diluting the building trade and driving down prices.
We should be more like Australia where foreign workers are substancialy vetted to make sure they are suitable to be employed.
This would stop the employer taking advantage of them. As your finding out.

This is not directed at you per sie. ...For all I know you could be a great guy.
I just feel our country is becoming overun with foreign migrants and we should be more picky who we let in to work here.
i agree with your comment

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi all,just to introduce myself,Iam Micho,tiler from Croatia/Serbia,with EU passport.I have been living in UK for 6 years and than i moved back home.I have 3 years trade certificat (diploma) and amost 15 years of tiling.I got some experience in UK and Norway but never find a good employer,(i can explain why).So my question is would u hire a foreigner?...Best regards
Welcome aboard Micho,

We had this question posted a couple of months ago. I'll try to find it for you. I'm pretty sure most said if the tiling work was up to standard and the tiler was legitimate, then sure, there's no reason not to.

We know just as many British tilers tiling aboard as we know foreign tilers tiling in Britain. So it's swings and roundabouts when it comes to that sort of thing.

O

Old Mod

Welcome aboard Micho,

We had this question posted a couple of months ago. I'll try to find it for you. I'm pretty sure most said if the tiling work was up to standard and the tiler was legitimate, then sure, there's no reason not to.

We know just as many British tilers tiling aboard as we know foreign tilers tiling in Britain. So it's swings and roundabouts when it comes to that sort of thing.
It was deleted @Dan, (cleaning company)

S

Simon benn Leeds

May as well stick my 2 pennith in!...
First of all, hello and welcome,

I have and do regularly subcontract work to 2 x polish guys and 2 x Turkish guys, they have UTRs, NI numbers and bank accounts, there English is exceptional, work ethic and quality of tiling is very very good, so they get paid the going rate for subcontractors at my company as there is no discrimination.
The key thing for me is the ability to work to British standards and requirements, also to be fully English speaking and English writing is of paramount importance to allow them to work safely and follow h&s rules/regs,
It's the people who employ immigrants for the purpose of being cheap labour that need condemning and not the immigrant unless they are working privately for peanuts!. Which I know is happening.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiler in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Unbelievable Has anyone come across super fast drying plaster?:mad: I arrived to tile a...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Hi I am a self employed roof tiler by trade of over 11 years looking to becoming a wall/floor...
Replies
Views
The TilersForums Arms is the business advice area of the forum that is out of the view of the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB