Discuss Tilers meet up in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

At last I got to meet a few well known tilers...well to me anyway. These are guys that have been on the forum now and in the past. There was also a few of other guys that had joined them on the latest "Tilers on Tours" . This time time the destination was Mapei, Halesowen. Which is only 5 miles from my door so a casual meet up was arranged at the pub adjoining the hotel where they were all staying.
I would like to convey my thoughts of the evening with the lads as we sat outside in the warm weather.

Among the guys there and especially the ones that have have chatted with via the forums, Facebook and Twitter were...
Joe aka Hillhead...all the way from Ireland. Now me and Joe chat almost every day via social media and have done so for a while. What a guy ! the craic he came out with I could have listened to all night....which I did actually . He was everything I had expected and such a straight up guy.

Stewart aka SPM Design,Dunfermline sadly no longer on the forum but well worth following via Twitter. Not so much the Grumpy Tiler as he makes out except where Taxis are concerned !! Another top notch bloke not only in his work but as a person. Anyone who knows Stewart will know he likes his running and recently completed a charity event raising a nice amount for that charity between him and his wife .

Kevin aka merlecollins, Orkney but with a NE accent! ........deep in conversation with some of the other guys...another blast from the past ....and nothing like his avatar at all ;)

Thanks for the chance of the get together and it just makes me feel it should happen more often. I know in the past we have discussed a get together usually over the xmas period ...sadly it never seems to happen....so next time you get the chance , do it. Put a face to the name ...thoroughly enjoyed it. :8:

G

Gazzer

I have met a few more but not really in social scene.
Deano I used to bump into at CTD....just find the coffee machine and Deano is the one in front of it :smilewinkgrin:
Met Diamond Pool Finshers...Dave at Mapei but didnt chat as it was busy.
Gaz bal yeah popped over for a cuppa one afternoon.
PJC, had a nice lamb dinner while working in Wales....separate jobs !
Bugs, while loaning a Hygrometer.
Richard of 365 Drills several times
Probably more but I have a memory of a goldfish.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Ihave had the pleasure of meeting a good few TF members over the last few years. here goes,
Ajax
Aussie tiler
Andy Carroll
Ant
Bri
Dave
Dan
Deano
Ed (Aston)
Fusion
Faithhealer
Gary the tiler
Gisela
Gaz Bal
Mark@Fila
Macten
MZ30
Neil Terry
Ozboz
Penno
Timeless John
Tenchman
Tungsten Tip
Waggy

I have also spoken to loads of members Tommyzoom, Joe hillhead, Ishy69, Charlie1,Jonny C, Andrew, Pebbs, on the phone, had PMs to and from many others, but I would love to meet many more good peeps from this fine forum. I am sure I have missed out some people but that is down to my age.

I am still blown away by the people from all over the country who turned up for my surprise 60th birthday. So thanks TF for the Friends I have made old and new.

A get together would be great, just don't leave it until my 70th.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
I've met a few folk now,
Dave
Dan
Deano
Andy Carroll
Gamma
Lee @ tiletown
Phil Hobson
Dave @ PHG
Mark @ Tilemaster

Always good to meet the people behind the text!

Yes brian,that was a top night at phils 60th bday bash!!! Especially when dan knocked over £50 worth of spirits lined up at the bar my misses had it on video but. It's disappeared!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tilers meet up in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been asked before and I suspect all tilers have their individual...
Replies
Views
J
    • Winner
moved to the london area in 1984 when my wife got a transfer to Guildford with her works. needed...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
I think this is okay to do. I can't see this upsetting a relationship you have. But by all means...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB