Discuss Tilers Scraper in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

When a few of us were down at Rays last year doing the porcelthin course, @deanotile (I think!) pulled a scraper out of @GaryTheTiler 's tool box which was caked in adhesive and grout and we all had a laugh and agreed that, you aren't a tiler without one :tearsofjoy: Who else has one and just how minging is it! Mine is about 4 years old and is worn perfectly for getting into corners, like a well bedded in plasterers trowel!
image.jpeg

Ste-G

TF
Arms
Merseyside
I keep my tools clean, but I remember back in the 80's one lunchtime I thought I'd clean up the handle on the gauging trowel of the tiler I served my time with. It must have been 3 inches in diameter with dried adhesive. I was just giving the handle a finishing sand down and thinking how pleased he would be, when in he walks sees what I've done, clips me round the ear and then truly upset screams "it took me f...ing years to get it like that".

AMC

TF
Dublin
When a few of us were down at Rays last year doing the porcelthin course, @deanotile (I think!) pulled a scraper out of @GaryTheTiler 's tool box which was caked in adhesive and grout and we all had a laugh and agreed that, you aren't a tiler without one :tearsofjoy: Who else has one and just how minging is it! Mine is about 4 years old and is worn perfectly for getting into corners, like a well bedded in plasterers trowel!
View attachment 77648
I've got more than 1 , I think they're all like that

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
I Have an inch wide scraper and its in my back pocket all the time , used for cleaning joints to opening joints on sizey tiles etc for wedges ... When it gets thick with adhesive , a quick bash over the hammer cleans it up.. It gets used from chiselling to cleaning walls etc.. Lost without it..

O

Old Mod

Well these are my scrapers that I use everyday for one reason or another,
The one on the bottom of the pic tho...... That belonged to my mate @AliGage :) at Least I think so, it's the only place I could've picked it up, from memory!
Unfortunately my favourite one, the one at the top, got covered in 'black' a couple of months back, I was devastated at the mess it was left in! Haha
All of these scrapers are aged between 4 and 9 yrs old. (Dunno bout Ali's :D)
image.jpeg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tilers Scraper in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

W
Hi all! Hope everyone's having a good 2016 so far. Just a quick post to tell you about the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
tilersforums.com recommends Tradetiler Home page for Tiling Tools. TradeTiler.com is the...
Replies
Views
Hi This is my 1st post in the forum. I have been a tiler for 13 years. I have started my own...
Replies
Views
T
The firm i am working for is looking for more tilers must have CSCS card and transport. Good...
Replies
Views
O
.......so as u've probably already seen, @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin exhibits at the Sleep Exhibition...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB