Discuss Tilers scrupples(again) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

A problem you have all probably come across, when your doing you thing on one part of a contract and another firm/tiler is working on another part. Well it happened this week on a big country house I was working on for a firm of plumbers and in another part of the house was another tiler/handyman! working on a separate contract.
When he finished for the day I had a sneaky look upstairs(sad I know)........a pathetic attempt at wrapping 600x400 porcelain tiles around 3 walls of the shower......he is starting to put 6mm ply down on squeaky floorboards prior to fitting electric UFH matting and tiling with large format tiles. The floor has such a hump in it that he hasn't got a hope in hell of using SLC, the SLC would all end up in the shower tray,so he must be intending trowelling over the cables,well dot and dabbing because that is the only way he will be able to complete the floor.
So what do you do? ......try and educate the so called tiler/handyman,have a word with the customer(£200 p/h solicitor) or wait for the cacky stuff to hit the fan?

Damned if you do and damned if you don't!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tilers scrupples(again) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi all, I was hoping to get some input/help on this situation. Background: We had 12 x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB