Discuss TilersForums - FITNESS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

i thought i'd set up a thread about fitness websites/ advice because i know theres alot of poeople on here who are keen on looking after themselves etc....so, here a great site. its got loads of video clips of how to do weight training exercises correctly..i'm not into bodybuilding but i do some free weights in the garage and it saves joining a gymn and paying for the knowledge :thumbsup:

Exercise Video Database - 600+ Exercises with Pics & Instructions! | Muscle & Strength

this page is where all the vid clips are: just click on the body part your interested in and then select the vid you want....

ed

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SandyFloor

Not sure I want to look like the guy in the illustrations :lol:
musclemanfb.jpg

U

user123

Interesting thread, Ed :thumbsup:

I like the ones where you have to use only your own body weight best, I think more repetition with smaller weights, or only your own body weight against gravity is healthier than big weights. I had a lot of gym patients, severly damaged by doing things wrong. The trouble is that especially with the spine, when getting too much load and building strong muscles while misaligned, can be a bit of a time bomb..when you then get spasms that are so much more powerful than in an untrained body they will be so much worse, too. There is a big difference between health and fitness, many fit people are NOT healthy, I wish people would realize that these are two different words for a reason.

The supplements also, not recommended for health because of the knock on effects on the rest of the body system.. but excercising for health and balance in the body, definitely. :thumbsup: Active tilers should by nature of the job have a good muscular system, but to balance out one sided load, like always spreading addy with the right arm etc, short hamstrings and load on the knees, that is when gym work comes into its own. At the same time, not as macho, but much more useful for accident and injuries prevention are yoga and other similar stretching exercises, short big muscles in an inflexible body are pretty useless except for show.

D

Deleted member 9966

I've got physiotherapy excercises to do for my shoulder which concentrate purely on using my own resistance. But the physiotherapist has said I have to work both sides of my body, otherwise I'll do good things to my right side and just leave my left side behind. I have to work both sides equally so they can work together when I'm using the muscles properly.

and speaking of exercise I'm gonna go and walk the dog. she won't be happy cos it's raining but I'm feeling a touch claustrophobic being stuck inside today

A

Aston

exactly charlie,

as the chinese say, prevention is the key to cure!

eating the right foods throughout the day gives you better energy releases, which give more output, which earns you more money!
weight training, builds muscle that supports and takes the strain for the joints. also makes lifting 25kg bags and boxes of tiles easier.
people who excercise and eat a healthy balanced diet statictically cope with stress better and live longer

we aint tilers anymore, we are atheletes...lol

Reply to TilersForums - FITNESS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
The TilersForums Arms is the business advice area of the forum that is out of the view of the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
https://www.facebook.com/TilersForums I need a cover image on the TilersForums Facebook page...
Replies
Views
Then read this: http://www.tilersforums.com/tilers-forums-arms/59708-want-less-adverts.html...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
TilersForums - FITNESS
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.