Discuss Tiles changing colour ... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gtace36

Hi :)

I have just had a new bathroom installed moving from a bath to a shower, the walls were stripped down and new boards put all around where the shower would be. We have a shower base, and use tiled walls as our shower walls ... Pictures further in post...

A tanking kit was the used on the same walls, and a sticky piece of plastic stuff? Applied to the base of the shower tray, up the wall. Where the tiles meet the shower tray it is grouted using Mapei grout, then has clear silicone over the top (side issue, this makes my grout go a dark brown colour? This can be seen going up the corner join on the photos )

Over the last 2 weeks the bottom 4 tiles have been changing colour, and the grout has also been changing colour, as though staying wet.
so I've taken the sealant and grout out from where the tiles meet the base, and found it to be wet, although this is annoying as something is going wrong, does this suggest the tanking is doing its job, as it is holding water at the tile/base join??

so the point of my thread is will these tiles dry themselves out? Or do they need to be replaced?? :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 53
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

it does look like the water is getting through the grout joints being pulled in by the adhesive not being cleaned back before grouting ie you have a mix of grout and adhesive in the joints with the water taking the easy rout in to the adhsive scape out the joints clean back allow tiles to dry out then regrout leaving no adhsive coming throught if tiles dont dry out remove and replace .it mite be worth checking the glaze on these tiles for grazing to do this get a black felt tip pen and draw lines up and down and left to right leave for a few hours and see if you can remove the lines if they go into the tile the glaze is faulty remove and replace but test the new ones before refitting

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiles changing colour ... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB