Discuss Tiles coming up easily in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Good afternoon,

just laid down some floor tiles (porcelain 10mm thick with a 12mm trowel) about 5/6pm last night.

Walked on it this morning about 11am and the tiles seem to pop off easily.

it was quite cold last night, did we walk on it too early? Should we leave the rest of the tiles to cure for longer?

If we have to remove the tiles to retile, do we have to prime it again after Removing the old adhesive.

thank you for reading

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Yeah the tiles came off the adhesive, the adhesive was still on the floor. we primed 2 coats of bal sbr the day before.

we put a thin layer on the back of the tile before planting but whenthe tile lifted the ridges hadn’t collapsed
Sounds like you haven’t bedded them down enough to get full adhesion.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiles coming up easily in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB