Discuss Tiles in your own house in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

What sort of tiles would you/have you put down in your own house?

Moving somewhere new in a week or two and keen to tile the hall kitchen and sunroom straight away as there's tired laminate throughout. Just can't decide on what to go with. I had thought about honed crema marfil limestone/marble or 800x800 porcelain, the good lady wife would like polished marble. Head is wrecked on which to pick. Probably about 40m in total so not a huge area. Any ideas for something fairly special?

Surprisingly hard to pick in your own house. Last house was just done with whatever the supplier had end of line but would like to do this one properly.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Did my shower room last year, its nice but after going to see the large format tiles at Rays last week I wish I could have used them.

I used 1mx0.5m semi-polished porcelain om my walls and floor, same tile. Glad I waited cos we'd been looking round for ages trying to find what we wanted.

S

Stef

This is my bathroom, nice tiling.
Hopefully get it done sometime this year, it's going to be a full wetroom, been going to do it for 3 years now..
esunata8.jpg

a8a6u4us.jpg

abyzasug.jpg

4yvume2e.jpg

This is my shower room, still not 100% finished.
a2u2evev.jpg
uba8a8y6.jpg

zu7a7ede.jpg

M

Mr Tiler

here ya go guys, done the floor early on in my venture lol... took the one wall down which was tiled badly, re boarded and tiled just have 2 walls left to do but tbh probably wont bother as it will all end up coming out as I want a stone wet room once the baby that is due is old enough in about 2 years lol 69528_201784410010551_1472437957_n.jpg 1513197_201192966736362_959667356_n.jpg 1979556_1390490667891276_1483038612_n.jpg

also made this out of an old pallet, the unit under the sink is also out of my sisters old wardrobe lol cheers

WP_20140309_002.jpg

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Wall tiles for the bathroom cost £3 a box, floor tiles were decent Salonis that were left over from an insurance job as was the travertine. Total tile cost £60ish
View attachment 58639

Hall

View attachment 58640

Back step (leftover travertine again)

View attachment 58641

This house was just thrown together as we never intended to stay too long but won't mind splashing out on the next one.
the brown mosaics on the floor in pic 3 are amazing!:sofahide:

Reply to Tiles in your own house in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
...........if u could pick it up and move it to London in to the Borough of Kensington &...
Replies
Views
I'm struggling with a price on this one. Bathroom with 3 windows 57x100 (all at the same...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
A
Abit about myself to start off with. Been in the building game for 30 years and can turn my...
Replies
Views
C
Hi All I am trying to fix some broken tiles in a couple of wet rooms in a customers house. When...
Replies
Views
frogeye
F
C
Hi all, I'd really appreciate your guidance if any of you would be so kind. Apologies in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB