UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiles of Marrakech in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Thanks for that, Gary, I assumed it just had to do with Islamic style and a hotchpotch of cultural mixes through the ages. Saad taught me how to do the plaster lattice work, coptic style, not so good in our climate though, but with loads of creative potential with more suitable materials.

It's an interesting website, altogether, did anyone notice the slideshow about the stone mosaics? A whole world of discovery out there, magic...

I

Ian

Bri, I would recommend geometric work to any tiler. It demands so much attention to detail, and stretches our skills to the limit.:thumbsup: This work is on a par. but not as trying imo:smilewinkgrin:

I've got a floor to do in a couple of weeks Phil that's all 10x10 matt porcelain, the client wants a Victorian style floor with border, so I've got to create something! Looking forward to the challenge!

U

user123

I'm going to be a little controversial (again!) I really don't like this style of work but, I appreciate all the time and effort that must have gone into creating it. I'd actually like to do this kind of work as I really like the challenge that arises from creating such a thing.

That's not controversial at all, it's perfectly alright to have different tastes, there is enough room in the world for all sorts! I don't think our neighbourhood would be too chuffed if I covered our grey and to me hugely boring house in mosaics, the minimalistic style in exteriors is definitely more British now.

When I was in Egypt every bit of colour on houses was so welcome, the climate that creates dryness and dust everywhere is positively crying out for colour, as in other hot countries. Coming back to the UK with its lush and fertile green and all this colour in the summer, well just different paint colours are enough really. But I still like the contrast of approach, and I think that maybe you may have liked my apple tree in the bathroom if I hadn't forgotten to show you when you were at our place, would have been interesting to see anyhow... :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiles of Marrakech in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first timers here... I am tiling my bathrooms and prefer the look & neatness of tiling...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.