Discuss Tiles versus Tile Boards/Wet boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Same as rookery... Why would anyone ever install the interior of a caravan in there house unless from purely a cleaning point of view, maybe your old and find it hard to clean. Put tiles in and get a pro to fit them any day, the inside of a house should be made of things like plaster, ceramic, wood, carpet, stone because they have an earthy feeling... Please do not put that rubbish wall board in your house, you will just want it ripped out in a few years

P

Paulyboy

Fitted out a motorway service station with this stuff, for the lorry drivers shower rooms.........its basically 9mm ply, with a laminated coating, came in 2.4m x 1.2m sheets, and used the supplied joining profiles and internal/external corner profiles. It looked ok when done, but, that was in a lorry park shower block.......dont know about in a domestic situation. It was a swine to cut,the adhesive was not too clever, and obviously, there is not a 90 degree corner in existence, so all the corners wanted to ping off from the surface...... swerve it if i was you. We were asked back 12 months later to rip it all out and tile it!! IMG_0217.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg

D

dave l and l

yeah its getting used here alot too , either just inside the shower enclosure or the full bathroom.
veneered plywood siliconed onto any old wall doesnt seem right to me,
also i have noticed mdf ones are getting used now also, which seems totally crazy to me, joiners and plumbers are pushing at it because they can fit it.
people think is easy to clean, i am not a fan of it but it is becoming more and more popular

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiles versus Tile Boards/Wet boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB