UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss tiling a bath panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gentleman Jim

Hi Graham
Did a bath panel a few weeks ago. The chippy made a framework to take the ply board and I stuck 20x25 ceramics to the board with flexi adhesive. Then drilled through the tile where the framework was. Finished with "mirror" screws - those ones with the stainless steel hemi-spheres. I think it is always better to allow access in case the bath's plumbing needs attention. Looked fine and the customer was very pleased.
Good luck
Jim

W

wivers

You can also cut a square out of the ply pannel the size of a couple of tiles ( or however many you feels big enough). Then screw some batton behind the access point so the bit you've cut out doesn't fall back. Then stick the tiles onto the outcut and use silicone the same colour as the grout in the grout lines to hold it in place. Ths way they can just cut the silicone to gain access.

R

rsl tiling

I done this for a customer a couple of weeks back in natural stone,i plyed it and screwed it to the battons,there was no real need for an access panel as the taps are in the wall

Attachments

• neils.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 397
Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perry

i always use a plasterboard cut to size. tile, drill holes and fixed using the mirror screws as well. then silicone sealed. :thumbsup:
yes plasterboard is the best thing or tilebacker never ply it will warp the best way is to fix a frame so that the plasterboard finishes flush with the timber frame on the bath cut slots for the legs then the tiles will fit under the bath lip then as wivs tells you but cut a hole 25mm smaller than the tiles depending how big you want the access panel that will save you using batterns silicone the joint and just cut it out if you ever need to remember never ply :pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling a bath panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to get some advice on a bathroom tile job. I’m doing a herringbone pattern around a...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.