Discuss tiling a bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

just after bit of advise . tiling a small bathroom floor upstairs . toilet and sink coming out. would any of you take into account where the toilet is going to be when deciding where tiles are goung to go? also where do you put your ply??? as regards door frame. would you do it level with where the inside of the door meets the ply? or half way i.e half under the door also any good carpet / tile trims. links if poss. many thanks ian

R

Raja

hello Ian i usually tak toilet and sink out like u have if possible leave on landing or outside in garden wiv sheeft over it. as for plying it out use hardibacker and tiles straight up to door where the carpet trim meets. always take door out myself and plance it at end use bal flexi adhesive and bal superpleax wide joint grout hope this helps mate not the same method as mayb others but is my way hope it helps thanks raja

G

grumpygrouter

Basicaly i dont like tiling onto wooden floors with single part flexible adhesives...just my opinion. Its not to say that you cant but why take chances. I like to sleep at night and i know doing it the way i know i can sleep.
Yes i have used single part flexi in the past and never had issues.
Wasn't saying you were wrong mate, just pointing out to people viewing the forum that maybe don't know that Ardex do what BAL have done but in a slightly different way. Don't always need to have a separate latex fluid to do the same job. I have used it on my own kitchen floor and it is absolutely fine. It is way cheaper than fastflex too.:thumbsup:

Grumpy

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling a bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB