Discuss Tiling a bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

I was chatting to a mate of mine who is a tiler about tiling bathrooms, anyway i was telling him that i always silicon, around the bath, down the corners of the walls, around the door frame, and where the wall tiles meet the floor tiles and use caulk around the ceiling..anyway he laughed at me and said he only puts silicon around bath because he uses flexible grout so it dosent need silicon on the other areas...:huh2: WHO ELSE DOES THIS...

O

Olz

Since joining the forum, one of the things I read was about how corners should be siloconed, not grouted.

I am not a pro tiler and haven't been on a course any my knowledge is really limited.

Since i read on here about siliconing corners i found myself looking at the corners of any tiled rooms i went into...

Even the toilets in Pizza Hut yesterday, how wierd is that!!!!! :crazy:

Anyway, to get to the point.. They were all grouted, not one did I find silicone in.

Please understand....Im not saying siliconing in corners instead of grouting is right or wrong. I dont have a clue.

Just passing on an observation.
Funny how you take notice of things when you read about them.

Edit: NOW YOU ALL THINK IM WIERD lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling a bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB