Discuss Tiling a bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi there,

Gonna tile someones bathroom next week,they have removed some of the tiles and said a couple holes need filling.Just wondered If I have to prime the walls or whatever once they are ok for tiling on.The shower and window areas are solid walls,the other two are standard dry lining I believe.The shower goes into the bath,not a seperate shower.
I was thinking of using an AA waterproof adhesive for the shower area,shall I use it for the rest of the bathroom? What adhesives and grout would you recommend?.
Many thanks.
Vinnie.

G

GazLC81

Is it plasterboard or plaster you are going on to?

I'd say yes prime with and acrylic primer (not pva). You should tank the shower area and I would recommend using whitestar throughout the whole room. I ALWAYS use it on bathrooms. Then I'd use bal superflex adhesive.

If you are unsure what tanking is then there is plenty of info on this forum but if you are still unsure after a search then message back here and someone will help!

Gaz

B

bluevin123

bathroom wall

Hi Gaz,

Do I need to do the tanking with a shower over a bath,I thought it was for more like wet rooms or places that are constantly wet..not just a power shower. Also you say about using white star,If I use that all around the room,what would I need the bal superflex adhesive for? by the way the walls are plastered already.
Sorry for my ignorance,and thanks for your advice.
Vinnie.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling a bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB