UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling a corner shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Ollylot

Hi there. Id be really grateful for some advice. I am ready to start tiling a corner shower. Tray is in and the tanking is almost dry. I am planning to use 20x30 metro-style tiles in a brick layout. Ive done some tiling on a kitchen wall before but never a shower. What Id like some guidance on is:

1. Tiling into the corner-what gap should i leave? grout caulk or silicone? or a combination?

2. The bottom layer of tiles i.e. against the tray - should i tile right down onto the tray or just above(to leave space for siliocn?)

3. is it ok for the cut edge of tiles to be in the corner?

4. For tile layout - am I right to starte from the corner and work outwards? If I start with a full tile on one wall (remember I am doing a brick layout) is it usual to start the other wall at that level with a full or half tile?! (hope this makes sense)

Many thanks in advanec for any help/advice

Cheers

Olly

I

Ian

Hi there. Id be really grateful for some advice. I am ready to start tiling a corner shower. Tray is in and the tanking is almost dry. I am planning to use 20x30 metro-style tiles in a brick layout. Ive done some tiling on a kitchen wall before but never a shower. What Id like some guidance on is:

1. Tiling into the corner-what gap should i leave? grout caulk or silicone? or a combination?

2/3mm gap, use silicone

2. The bottom layer of tiles i.e. against the tray - should i tile right down onto the tray or just above(to leave space for siliocn?)

Same as above

3. is it ok for the cut edge of tiles to be in the corner?

Yes

4. For tile layout - am I right to starte from the corner and work outwards? If I start with a full tile on one wall (remember I am doing a brick layout) is it usual to start the other wall at that level with a full or half tile?! (hope this makes sense)

Starting with a full tile in the corner can be risky if your wall isn't perfectly plumb, try to strt with a 3/4 and a 1/4 (for your brick bond). So if you have finished one wall with a 3/4, start the next with a 1/4 to give the impression that a full tile has been folded around the corner.

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice

Cheers

Olly

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling a corner shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.