Discuss tiling a floating floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 18697

We will be tiling a large showroom of about 180sqm in limestone. The floor is oak floorboards fixed to joists. The client is keen to not wreck the oak floor and therefore wants to lay plastic and then put two layers of chipboard screwed to each other therefore creating a floating floor. This set up in my mind is a big no no.

I proposed to glue and screw down 10mm Dukkaboard to the whole floor but they do not want any adhesive on the floorboards.

Anyone got any bright ideas that may be a solution in this situation?

Any advice/comments would be appreciated.

J

jonnyc

dave
i have found guthahr indor tec2 in trimline brochure. it is total decoupling as mat just loose laid on subfloor.
i see same problem as you that if we need to lift tiles whilst bedding which is common the mat will get ripped up every time.
maybe we should think about stapling the mat to the subfloor which may take some of the effectiveness away but if we glued and screwed cement board over the oak first as a permanent layer which would sort out the problem with laying on to timber ,then the tec 2e is only being used as a means to replace stone floors in future easily without damaging subfloor below.
would be interesting to know if anyone used gutjahr indortec2 before or any better ideas.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling a floating floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've read a few forum comments or articles about the dangers of laying tiles over...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen floor tiled in large plank-style porcelain tiles (90cm x 15cm) about 2 years...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone, first post from a virgin tiler. I am due to start tiling the bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB