Discuss Tiling a skimmed wall?!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

philhav1983

I have recently removed a tiled splash back around the whole kitchen and skimmed over the wall to re-tile. A few questions really...#1 how long should I wait to tile over plaster? I have had many conflicting reports #2 should I PVA or prime plaster before tiling? #3 One wall has a few hairline cracks is this ok to tile over or should I re-skim? #4 where I have removed the old tiles and plastered its meeting op with the old plaster work (around 600mm) up the wall, as I am wanting to tile the whole wall now and not just replace a splash back! whats the best way to prepare the walls? I have new plaster merrying up to old plaster which has emmultion on it.

Looking forward to a response

Phil

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling a skimmed wall?!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB