Discuss Tiling abroad - mainland spain in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com.

W

WetSaw

I've been here ( Malaga) 9 years. I'm fortunate to have a good client base now and I'm never short of work. Having said that, I'm not a tiler but a dreaded multitrader. I do whatever needs doing.
I've found that if you do a good job you'll have work. Don't expect to earn what you do in the UK. You'll need to be in an expat area because it's highly unlikely you'll work for Spanish people. Generally life is good, weather is so much better.
Make sure you have enough money to live on for a couple of years because it will take time to build up a reputation and get enough work. There are signs of the economy picking up and quite a lot of building going on again.
My wife hated it and was terribly homesick for a couple of years, now she wouldn't go back. Having kids will help you make friends. Speaking Spanish will save you loads of money and open lots of doors.
A big risk with a young family ( I don't have kids) but what's the worst that can happen? You have to go back and start again? At least you'd have tried.

W

WetSaw

From what I hear there is no building work going on, and with Brexit I doubt if the Ex Pats numbers will increase greatly in the very near future.

I don't know where you heard that there's no building work going on, there's a lot going on, around here anyway.
Expats aren't only British either, I've got Swedish and Argentinian clients.
Australia and New Zealand ( which was my first choice ) are tempting because of the language but you pretty much have to say goodbye to everyone because it's not somewhere you can pop to ( or back ) for the weekend.

T

Time's Ran Out

I went to Tenerife a year ago and there wasn’t a crane or building site to be seen! The total building work consisted of tidying up pavements with a few slabs.
Sister in law lives in Spain and they complain about economy more than they did here and they’ve been there before and after Euro.
There may be maintenance but building is still in recession and how much a metre is tile labour out there.
With video phoning (or whatever it’s called) nowhere is far away.

I

Italy

I went to Tenerife a year ago and there wasn’t a crane or building site to be seen! The total building work consisted of tidying up pavements with a few slabs.
Sister in law lives in Spain and they complain about economy more than they did here and they’ve been there before and after Euro.
There may be maintenance but building is still in recession and how much a metre is tile labour out there.
With video phoning (or whatever it’s called) nowhere is far away.
the cranes .... haha
in Italy the cranes sell them by weight.
they are worth like iron.
not to throw them away,
they sell by weight.
95% of jobs here in Italy are renovations.
fortunately, the state reimburses 50% of the expenses
incurred for the renovation of the house.
otherwise we will all be mowing grass in the fields.
john, in uk there are many construction sites with cranes?

T

Time's Ran Out

D98E35C4-BB5D-480A-A234-76AA234B99B1.png
now you're exaggerating

.... and we make the best pasta!

I

Italy

the cranes .... haha
in Italy the cranes sell them by weight.
they are worth like iron.
not to throw them away,
they sell by weight.
95% of jobs here in Italy are renovations.
fortunately, the state reimburses 50% of the expenses
incurred for the renovation of the house.
otherwise we will all be mowing grass in the fields.
john, in uk there are many construction sites with cranes?
@timeless john
25994959_1989250544696661_5158612099713293173_n.jpg

I translate, when you see Christmas lights
hung on the terraces, but you're from Bergamo
and you want things done well ...
ps. the photo is real.
ahahha

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling abroad - mainland spain in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1st time tiling, decided our ensuite would benefit from being a wetroom. Quick question, any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Popular Tiling Jobs

Trending Tiling Work Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB