Discuss tiling advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J.harvey tiling

Hi guys.

just Started up my own business last year so very very new to everything and was just wondering if anybody had any advice for me on getting work. or tools and tips to make the job easier.

I have done quite a few jobs in the last year and have a load of happy customers with good reviews but in the next 5-6 years I'm looking to expand and get bigger as a company so any advice or steps that I need to take to make my business grow would be much appreciated .

cheers guys.

H

Handyeire

Good luck on your new adventure! Wee tip I learnt awhile back and think I should mention, never allow your customer to tell you what to do. I was tiling a floor and floor needed a lot of work doing on it as it was in a bad way, customer didnt want to spend the money on me fixing it and wanted me just to plod on and tile it. I did this and ended up chasing myself all over the floor and using crazy amounts of adhesive to try and keep tiles level. Ended up losing tge level un places :( It was for a friend and tried explaing to him before I started what needed done but he just wouldn't listen. I had no work on so just done it anyway and it was a nightmare, thou they where pleased with the floor when finished.

Can I ask how many years experience have you.

H

Handyeire

This is all brilliant advice cheers guys I did want to ask one more thing has anyone of you used or heard of a tile tracker ? And if so are they any good ?

Tile tracker seems good in theory but in practice, I wouldn't know. I've read up on it and some people seem to like it, others don't but I think it wouldn't go a miss in a tilers tool kit. Its not that expensive either IMO, thou could come down a bit more in price and you'd see a lot more tilers owning it.

S

Stocks Tiles

I also started working for myself last year in August, I have had one job off yell.com, and from the first week I have had constant work from.......... Facebook, the local "for sale" pages in your area, or discussion pages are brilliant, people are always looking for tilers on them and it doesn't cost a penny. Now at the stage where people are recommending me which is an amazing feeling. Good luck to you it's worth searching on and keeping a eye on! :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB