Discuss tiling and wallpapering the bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rogue

we are redecorating our bathroom and are currently planning on tiling around the bath/shower etc and then wallpapering the rest (we dont like those flor to ceiling tiles jobbies you see these days) but i wonder what the recommended thing it to get a good edge between the two, to make the join as seamless as possible. is it to paper first and then tile onto the paper? or tile first and cut the paper off neatly along the edge of the tiles. i just cant imagine that looking right

R

rogue

oo i hadnt even thought of that, but should have, we have hired a big steamer like this
431-7150692IEUC626052M1.jpg

to do the bedroom paper so i shouldve made the connection!
but i have found bathroom wallpaper online, is this a scam? or is it likely to work? i just like the luxury look of wallpaper i think. but if its going to start to peel at the corners, well, thats not so luxury...

Somerset
I have bitter experiences of wallpaper in bathrooms. My wife and I re-papered our bathroom every 12 months because the wallpaper kept lifting - lets face it you steam it every day. 10 years ago we opted for my first DIY tiling job - wall to ceiling tiles. We have had to clean the grout twice in 10 years and tiles look as good today as when they went up. Thats why floor to ceiling tile jobbies are so practical. If you dont want tiles, use bathroom paint. Only wallpaper if you are prepared to change it every year!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling and wallpapering the bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Could someone let me know what standard practise is in this situation have searched the internet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm about to start renovating my bathroom, but I'm not sure how to join the tiles from one...
Replies
Views
I am a part-time handyman - have done floor tiling before and small areas of wall tiling but...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB