Discuss Tiling Approach and a Silicone question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jond500

Hi All,

Many thanks for all your help and advice over the last few months! If I hadn't looked on here the bathroom may well of already started to fail by now.

Anyway, i'm tiling my bathroom (500x200mm ceramics brick bond) the substrate is tanked Hardibacker in the wet areas and moisture resistant plasterboard in the non wet areas which has been primed with the Mapei primer.

I started tiling today and got the first few tiles on the wall, this is only my second foray into tiling and my first bathroom but have spent a lot of time on the prep. Finally to the question... How do you pro's approach a job like this? I'm thinking I may be quicker if I just focus on one wall into the corner with my cuts pre done and then do the return wall. I'm thinking that I will label the tiles so the risk of error is reduced.

I have left a decent expansion gap in the corner to be able to silicone it easily, can you please recommend a really good silicone? secondly, do you fill the back of the gap so it forces behind the tile and then apply a finishing bead?

The pic below shows the start, I know the cuts are not great but hopefully it looks ok to the pro's :)

Cheers,

Jon. tiles.jpg

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

There are a couple of screws through it but have the Mapei waterproofing stuff to apply once I have removed the batten and filled the holes prior to fitting the bottom row of tiles.

Would this Silicone be suitable? It is Dow and seems to have many good reviews on Screwfix:

Dow Corning 785+ Bacteria Resistant Sanitary Silicone White 310ml | NoLinksToThis

Jon.

That is as good as it gets Jon, good luck.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling Approach and a Silicone question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB