UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss tiling around a window in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tom Bell

I have some tile trims and I want to tile both the walls around the window and the "alcove" of the window. Do I place the tile trims on the wall part ( outside of window area ) or the alcove part of the window eg internal part.

Hope that makes sense.... if it makes it any clearer, if I am tililing the wall part, the flat side of the tile trim would be on the wall, with the curve sticking up slightly to meet tiles within the window area flush with the wall. If The trim was in the " alcove" part of the window, the wall tiles would be flush to the end of the currently untiled window area, therefore meeting the trim which would be horizontal on the ( if there was one there which there isn') window sill.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling around a window in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.