Discuss Tiling Bathroom Floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

curiousDIYer

Hi - I was wondering if someone could please help answer some questions regarding tiling our bathroom floor (my Dad asked me to research on google and I found this forum!). I don't really know much about tiling so please bare with me...

Someone told us to use "latex modified adhesive" when putting the tiles on, and from reading this forum, could someone please confirm that this is: http://www.*************/p/mapei-keraflex-white-5kg/42841
and: http://www.*************/p/mapei-latex-plus-1-5kg/48884#product_additional_details_container .

We've put a wooden board (?) on the floor and secured it to the floorboards, and now we just need to know which adhesive to buy before we can start tiling. If the Mapei one isn't correct - please could you recommend an adhesive and if you know where I could buy it that would be great.

I would be very grateful for any help on this. :)

K

kingceramics

aslongs as you have securely screwed down the wooden boarding on the floorboards so that if you press down on areas, it doesnt have any up and down movement, then use a decent 2part flexible adhesive. you dont NEED latex modified just because its on wooden floor. i suggest going to a proper tile shop for adhesive choices as D.I.Y places aren't that good and tend to be more expensive.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling Bathroom Floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB