Discuss Tiling Bathroom - what wall first? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Quarkrad

Apologies if this has come up before - about to tile bathroom, having just tilied floor. I have worked out where tiles will go including around window - jave primed walls and ready to go. Understand battens (horiz and vert) go up in lower corner and tiles laid in horizontal walls bottom to top. Question is: do I do one wall complete and go around the room or is it advisable to work on all 4 walls at the same time? What I mean is - one could go around all 4 walls on a horizonal base line so it all matches and then work up vertically. Not sure what professional tilers do. I'm guessing you complete one wall and then go around the room having drawn out a horizonal base line. One last question - assume you always tile bottom up. Read somewhere that you start 1m up from the floor but cannot see how you stop tiles slipping down. (I'm using quick setting, 3 hr, powder adhesive). Regards.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi all im doing exactly the same job and its my 1st job:grin: ive just done my floor and am going to start on the bath wall 1st as i need to box in the bath as well,,so is it correct id baton the back wall of bath leavin my cuts to the bottom of baton then completing whole wall tiling up the way to where the trim is going to be and then start the next wall off that one by batoning it and tiling up the way to the trim line again all the way around? cheers for any info

G

grumpygrouter

Hi quarkrad. Welcome.
----
Really? Do you guys do the whole wall first and then floors? or leave out the bottom row on the wall and cut in to the floor after the floor is tiled? I'm pretty sure that Australian Standards say that floors have to be done first.
Yes that is pretty normal for contributors on here. Some leave out the bottom row and finish later when the floor is done. Personally I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling Bathroom - what wall first? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB