Discuss Tiling Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

as i said above, you can have the full tile centred or the grout line, whichever looks best and doesn't leave you with slithers/small cuts anywere. brick bond will show any faults in the tiling or the wall and will take longer to do and may prevent you centreing the tiles on the window wall (due to small cuts if centred) brickbond looks nice but having them tiles landscape would look good too

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Hi,
Make sure you when you're setting out round the window that you follow the pattern all the way to the wall to make sure you don't end up with a little slither there. You need to follow this rule both horizontally and vertically to make sure you get decent size cuts along the bottom and top of the wall and top and bottom of the window.
You'll get all the help you need on here, just take your time, ask loads of questions and good luck!:thumbsup:

A

AMtek

Make a guaging rod to start with by laying tiles with spacers in alongside a long straight piece of timber and mark the joints on the rod, vertically on one side and horizontally on the other. Next mark your centre lines horizontally and vertically on the window wall, use the gauging rod to find out the best layout for the tiles, repeat this for the other 3 walls but if your going brick bond make sure the corner cuts look like the tile carries on from one wall to the other. the gauging rod can also be used to find out where the tiles will fall in relation to other obstacles on the wall. never start with a full tile from a floor, bath, shower tray etc instead mark where your first full tile will be at the bottom of the wall and place battens on the wall here but make sure they are perfectly straight or your grout lines will not meet up in the corners. once marked out prime the walls, make sure you put your adhesive on nice and evenly and apply tiles with even pressure and they should be nice and flat with no lips. hope that helps, im sure others will chip in with more tips

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB