Discuss Tiling concrete kitchen floor with a slightly raised area in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

g4cox4

Hi,
I am going to be tiling my kitchen floor the only problem I have is that part of it is slightly raised (just under an inch) it has always been this way and currently has lino on it. Levelling is not an option as it is only about 2m x 2m of a much bigger room, I don’t really want to take up this bit of floor due to mess, money and lots of pipe work that is under it for rads and hot water.

Is my best option to smooth out the raise as best possible and cut tiles where the raise occurs (hope this makes sense)?

Thanks in advance

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling concrete kitchen floor with a slightly raised area in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB