UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling en-suite floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

R8SS

Good Evening,

Although I haven't posted yet I just want to say thank-you for the invaluable advice on this forum.

I am nearing the end of an en-suite refurb with only the floor left to do. It is a small floor area (approx 1200 x 1100mm). The floor is chipboard which I plan to overboadr with No More Ply, underfloor heating and then tiles.

My question is, I have some tanking materials left from the shower - is there any disadvantage to tanking over the chipboard before overboarding with the NMP?

I guess it's a case of using up the materials and a bit of belt and bracres?

Many thanks

R

R8SS

Many thanks. I guess my main concern was the NMP adhesive taking to the tanking (Mapei).

Attached a pic with night lighting of job so far. Just the floor and vanity job left.
IMG-20120314-00008.jpg
Thanks again.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling en-suite floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all, I am looking for some advise on the following: the adhesive % covering required for...
Replies
Views
Happyvalley123
H
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.