Discuss tiling in train stations in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Its fair to say there plenty of tilers on here who don't just tile as a regular job but have a passion for it, where did we get this passion from??

i recently realised maybe where i got mine from when in Edinburgh train station, large waiting area tiled in dark marble as i remember, then i realised my dad who used to work on the railway used to take me all over the uk, been in just about every station and have seen some great tiling when i was a boy. Be interesting to see if any of you older guys have been involved with this fine work?

T

Time's Ran Out

scan0001.jpg This was the waiting room of an East Coast rail line many moons ago! It was a private dwelling which had a UPVC victorian style conservatory on the platform. The client pulled down the plastic and from plans rebuilt a Canadian Cedar garden room with an office and Bathroom at either end. The Bathroom was in East Coast colours and glazed brick style tiles. The view to the left is the original platform and the track is grassed over. He owned a stretch of track, another station restaurant and signal box - the ultimate train set!
We laid these Original Style tiles about 20 years ago and it was great to see a bit of restoration work being achieved.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling in train stations in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB