UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling in your own house in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Following on from Brian and Tony's posts, has anyone done any tasty tiling in their own houses?

Only done my hall and bathroom, both fairly basic but will get pictures of them soon. Half the bathroom was done with stuff I had in the garage :lol:. Plan on selling up this summer but for the next house will definately go for something a little special. Maybe a nice stone bathroom.

Finishing is the hardest part to do, tiled the bathroom about a month ago and still need to do the window reveal. :lol:

P

Peter

Hard to motivate yourself, if there were no wives I don't think any of us would have even started anything. :lol:

photo(22).jpg
450x450 polished porcelain with porcelain mosaic feature and brown grout.

photo(23).jpg

Main wall tiles were £3 a box clearance B&Q specials. Sizing was terrible but had some 200x100 travertine in the garage and the 600x300 leftover from a job. Lost the will to live during it. In hindsight, it doesn't really go that well but will tidy it up a bit. 4x4 bumpy white were on the walls before that. :lol:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I have booked off 2 weeks in July. Where you going? You may ask. Well, I'll be up and downstairs at our house doing

The bathroom - no expense spared, apparently - not checked the account yet.

960x480 semi-polished Italian porcelain, walls and floor. I'm actually looking forward to doing it as I'm always going on to the missus how nice the bathroom is I've just done

T

Topshop

When I was building my house I needed to put up my steel building garage so I could make my cabinets for the house so my wife decided to set the tiles in the middle of one of our bathroom floors - only tiles she didn't need to cut. Even though I marked out a line to follow in the center she laid the tiles 1/2" out of square over 9 feet and the stone tiles were not guaged to a consistant thickness. After I set the edge tiles it took me 2 days to grind the lippage and re-hone with my Cimex machine..

The moral of the story is don't let the wife's impatience make more work for you later.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling in your own house in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
How long did it take before things really kicked off for you?. i went on my own at the start of...
Replies
Views
Stocks Tiles
S
A
Abit about myself to start off with. Been in the building game for 30 years and can turn my...
Replies
Views
C
P
What sort of tiles would you/have you put down in your own house? Moving somewhere new in a...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
V
Just been to a well respected bathroom place with a fairly well formed plan of how to do my...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
I've 35sq meters of 100-150mm tiles to be laid onto block walls. I'm wondering will I have to...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.