Discuss tiling on mdf in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

smidy69

i have a job where i need to tile mosiacs onto a onto a mdf panel in a pub, mdf cant come off as there is wooden panels glued and screwed on top and cant put tilebacker board on top as landord wants the mosiacs to be inset in the panels and not flush. BAL mosiac-fix says that you can tile onto mdf with their product. Has anyone ever used it on mdf? and how well did it hold up? would i need to scratch the mdf and use BAL SBR Primer? 2 areas each 900x700mm. would never tile onto mdf before but no way round it.

S

smidy69

spec sheet says "Plywood, Chipboard and MDF on walls

(internal dry areas only)

Ensure boards (i) can carry expected load without excessive
deflection; (ii) are dry, rigid and securely fixed, with no
protruding fixings.
Insert noggings to support all board edges and to allow screw
fixing at 300mm centres.
seal side and edges on back of boards with neat BAL BOND SBR
priming agent.
Do NOT seal or prime surfaces to be tiled.

condused?!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling on mdf in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
I’ve been asked to tile a concrete block wall outside that is currently wet due to the dreadful...
Replies
Views
I have been researching this for days and need some help. My garage has a concrete floor. I live...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB