Discuss Tiling on Partical board , loft board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

shaunylocks

Hi all

am shaun been tiling for about 8 years self employed from mirfield west yorkshire

am doing a job for a customer whos builder made a **** up on a massive scale by getting a tiler to tile directly on to an anhydrite screed having not sanded it and used cement based adhesive , it failed i had to re-tile it also the same builder tiler tiled in a separate part of the house onto (loft board, partical board )its tongue and groove greeen in colour 22mm thick as a waxy coating ( see attached ), now a tiles also cracked on there and i've taken it up to change it reviling this board , now i have always been under the impression you can not tile directly onto this board and always over plyed . am i right if so the whole floor is doomed .

thanks looking forward to your comments

Attachments

• green board.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 104
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling on Partical board , loft board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
I am going to be tiling my upstairs bathroom that has a wooden floor. It originally had wooden...
Replies
Views
Ok. Basically am i tilng right/prepping correctly? Full time professional tiler, nearly 15...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Firstly, hello to everyone 👍 I am looking to start some floor tiling of some...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB