Discuss Tiling on to bonding????? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Went to a job on Saturday, and the walls were a mess. Told the bloke I was doing the job for and he promised to get them sorted for me. Anyway he phones me and says its good to go for tomorrow. Now that means 1.5cm depth of plaster has dried in 3 days, and I am pretty sure he mentioned the words its been done out with bonding. Now this bloke knows my thoughts on bonding, and any prep work. But I was wondering what you guys think. is tiling onto binding ok, or is it just me being up my self.

O

On one

Because I was not sure if you put Dri. Wall onto Bonding plaster. D&D with finish plaster seemed theoretically logical,maybe not technically correct. I have seen it done,I had to remove a pb wall that had been done with d&D with finish plaster had it had a better hold than any Dri wall adh I have seen.This could be largely irrelevant if there is nottthe mm to do it. So it could be just the case that the walls will have to be skimmed and left to cure.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling on to bonding????? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB