Discuss Tiling onto a concrete screed, but there's a crack by the door.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

llevram

TF
London
Hi, any advice on tiling over a crack 750 wide? Basically there's a 300 resess to the back door and it seems as the builder has patched in the concrete in the small area to the existing original concrete floor after the new back door has been fitted. It also sounds pretty hollow. I know I could use ditra etc but I'm tiling off existing tiles and there's not enough depth for me to use ditra, is there a flat, like 1 or 2mm uncoupling membrane I can use instead?

Cheers in advance

Hi, any advice on tiling over a crack 750 wide? Basically there's a 300 resess to the back door and it seems as the builder has patched in the concrete in the small area to the existing original concrete floor after the new back door has been fitted. It also sounds pretty hollow. I know I could use ditra etc but I'm tiling off existing tiles and there's not enough depth for me to use ditra, is there a flat, like 1 or 2mm uncoupling membrane I can use instead?

Cheers in advance
use Mapetex

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling onto a concrete screed, but there's a crack by the door.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB