Discuss tiling onto a tiled floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cowgomoo

Good Afternoon Everyone - long time no post.

I have a job to do, tiling onto an existing tile floor in a shop basement. The tiles at the moment on the floor are straight onto a concrete screed and very stable. They are sized about 200 x 500 porcelain with a mid sheen finish. The inevitable question is this - whats the best option ? No chance of the tiles coming up etc. Should I just rough up the surface a bit before cracking on or is chemical etching an option. I have used Watek Gutjahr matting before with great success but this is more for problem substrates I know. The tiles going down are 90 x 90 full bodied porcelain.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Cow.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling onto a tiled floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen floor tiled in large plank-style porcelain tiles (90cm x 15cm) about 2 years...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB