Discuss Tiling onto Aquapanel and plasterboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mjps

Hi, sorry in advance if this is an old question. I've had a quick look round on the forum threads but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I am fitting a bathroom out and have reinforced the stud walls. The shower is in a cubicle and I will be boarding this area out with 12.5mm Knauf Aquapanel.
I will be boarding the remaining dry areas with 12.5mm plasterboard.

I need to know what is the protocol for priming and tiling onto these two materials.
I am a competent plasterer and can skim out everything first if this is the best way, however I have picked up from some of the threads that this is not recommended or necessary?

My current local stockist supplies Tilemaster Setaflex. They also stock a Tilemaster primer which I intend to use as opposed to PVA.

The floor is 12mm marine ply screwed down at 150mm centres.

Should I look for a different adhesive or will this one be OK?
How should I treat the walls (and floor) prior to tiling.

Thanks in advance, I just want to make sure the job is done correctly, Karl

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling onto Aquapanel and plasterboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm part re-tiling/plastering a bathroom, which as the pictures show, has masonary to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB