Discuss Tiling onto floor tiles yey or ney? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

M

Martino

Hi guys i have a customer who wants there floor tiling.....I fitted the bathroom about 3-4yrs ago...they now want a different shower cubicle....The tiles that are down are discontinued i have managed to find a close match but its nothing close to be fair.....only option is for a new floor.....the toilet wont be a issue for height as wont the roll top bath the sink dont have a pedistal so thats no issue.....for me to rip the floor up ill have to replace the hardie backer so it would cost alot more!.....is it okay to tile straight onto the tiles that are down? they are 450x450 porcelainosa

B

Bubblecraft

I'll probably be shot down for this by the guys but hear me out. I'm not a fan of tiling on top of tiles but in this case, you know the original substrate, you know it has Hardibacker & you know you have used the correct adhesive (Hopefully)
If the customer is not happy with the extra cost of new Hardibacker & understands the height it's going to be then I don't see any other reason why not. Personally, I'd use a 2 Part Flexi & key your original tiles to be safe & to give you the grip you require. (Shoot away guys lol)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling onto floor tiles yey or ney? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm new to tiling and looking for some advice. I'm practical and usually pretty good...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB