Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Tiling onto inside of fireplace - to house stove! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

andymet87

Hi. I have just bought a house, and a stove...

The stove is to go into an old fireplace that I have revealed in the kitchen. To meet ventilation regulations I will be tiling onto the brick of the chimney breast. This is the only way I can allow 100mm each side of the stove.

I am very concious of a few issues and would like some advice if possble!

1) Do I need special tiles? The stove will get very hot and will any crack?

2) Do I need special adhesive, with tiling onto brick and the extreme heat it is likely to be exposed to...

Im a little out of my depth but financial reasons means I can't hire someone to do it! - any pointers?

O

On one

most tiles will be ok . tiles are fire at high temp in kilns so withstand heat !
adhesive .. b a l ,normal set flexiable which is cement based . prime area with tile primer. set it out .take you time doing it . you will be proud of youself . good luck.:thumbsup:
I don't think Bal would recommend a flexy addy,from recollection a non flexy has a higher resistance to heat.Not sure what kind of stove you've got,but if the tiles are only 100mm away they will get quite hot.

Reply to Tiling onto inside of fireplace - to house stove! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, im a bricklayer/plasterer trade and doing a job for a relative. its these tiles...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E
Hello! I’m hoping I can get some advice on what to do in my kitchen RE wanting to replace the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling onto inside of fireplace - to house stove!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.