Discuss Tiling onto new build chipboard subfloors. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
Hi all, just wondered what methods people prefer? We are due to start a new build house next week with approximately 150 metres 60 x 60 porcelain to lay. The chipboard subfloor is well screwed down though I don't know yet if if extra noggins were put in. There isn't enough room to overlay with 15mm ply so we're looking at some kind of anti fracture membrane or tiling direct to wood. We're currently having issues with Norcros permalayer and have lost confidence with it in this kind of situation. I like Durabase, but the client doesn't want expansion strips. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
Really appreciate all the replies thanks! I just need a product which guarantees a perfectly stable, crack free floor 10 yrs from now. I have no problem guarantying the quality of my work, just want the same back up from the products I use. We had a problem about 8 yrs or so back with NMP. The tile and adhesive had completely de bonded, coming clean off the boards. This was a commercial kitchen with a central drain. The client prepped the floor himself, I'm convinced he used a cheap layer forming primer which caused the problem. However, it did knock my confidence in it. So I'm thinking now Marmox boards maybe or Hardie. Have to admit, I've not used Hardie much.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling onto new build chipboard subfloors. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I am in need of some advice. I’ve started tiling the entire downstairs of a new...
Replies
Views
I need to tile 2nd floor bathrooms in new builds. The existing floor is vinyl over the subfloor...
Replies
Views
Moving into a new build property in the near future so planning the 33 odd sqm garage space...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB