UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling onto paint... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougalogic

Hi Everyone,
am about to tile bathroom and two of the walls were painted and papered. Have removed all paper and what paint that will come off (using scraper and wire wool).
Read some posts on here that said scoring would provide enough of a key for adhesive and others who said you need to remove all paint. However, most of the paint is welded on. I opted for knocking a groove about 2mm deep into the plaster with a bolster in a criss-cross pattern. Grooves between 10-25mm wide and about 90mm apart. The tiles are 450mm x 250mm. Do you reckon this will do the job?
cheers
d

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling onto paint... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I cannot find a decent/fully applicable answer to this anywhere! Please help...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
T
Quick question. I have to submit a price for 600m2 of 600x600 porcelain tiles. Just found out...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T
D
Dear Forum ive just joined up to ask for some advice. I'm refitting and modernising our under...
Replies
Views
H
I have a job to price... A hotel I am pricing a job for want some pillars, located in their...
Replies
Views
mike1979
M
G
in the bathroom I am doing its an ex council the walls are bad ( pretty sure the council only...
Replies
Views
N A T
N

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.