UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling onto plasterboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bob the plumber

im a plumber/gas engineer by trade and ive come across from the plumbers forum. Im re doing my mums bathroom but dont tile normally but im going to give it a go. I have no excuse for getting it wrong, as i have got the four walls of the bathroom near perfect :) ply wood behind the plasterboard for fixings and making the studs more rigid any tips are apprciated but to be honest the only thing im worried about is the tiling the floor.

P

Perry

thanks pjc, why do you prime anyway?? is it something to do with the adhesive losing its moisture into the wall surface to quick or something like that?
Only prime plaster you can plasterboard but don't need to its a chemical reaction with plaster and cement if you use bucket adhesive some you don't need to prime but we wouldn't recommend ready mix adhesive even for your mum

P

Perry

the floor will be chipboard, with a layer of 3/8 ply covering it nailed every 100mm unless you lads suggest otherwise

and going back to the primer?? 2 opinions on here, which is the correct one?

cheers
3/8 ply isn't thick enough IMO you have to screw the chipboard to the joists then seal the ply underneath and edges with say sbr screw the ply down 300 centres then use a single part rapid flex adhesive

Reply to Tiling onto plasterboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.