Discuss Tiling onto pocket door system in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

monkey3

Hi guys,

I'm about to start tiling the en suite and I had a sudden thought about how to tile up to the edge of the pocket door system that separates the room from the bedroom and so I started to do some research on google only to find that everyone seems to say "don't do it".

oh-oh.

The door system is an eclisse syntesis (Home - Eclisse - Sliding Door Systems) and is already fitted. The bedroom side is plastered and painted and the en suite side is aquaboarded and ready to be tiled. The tiles are 400 x 600 honed travertine.

Is this something that people actually find to be an issue?
I don't really want to have to but I could remove the aquaboard on the en suite side and build a narrow frame but it would reduce the size of an already fairly small room.

Another option would be to fit some ply to the pocket frame fist and then aquaboard to that but that would then leave me a narrow lip all the way around the door...

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Regards,

Russell.

p.s. The reason I was looking was to try to work out how to finish the tiles at the edge of the door opening surround but I guess I can come back to that...

Last edited by a moderator:
M

monkey3

Any takers? :)
Has anyone done this?

My intention was to begin tiling this weekend but I may end up with the 18mm ply option as I'm guessing if there's any flex the tiles will end up on the floor.

Or rather than the 18mm ply it might be better to go for 2 lots of 9mm ply bonded together, thus laminating the layers giving a bit more strength (although this is essentially the same as a piece of 18mm ply).

Thanks again for any advice.

Russell.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling onto pocket door system in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I am purchasing a new build property and the builder has already laid 4500mm x...
Replies
Views
I'm converting a small bathroom in to a wet room. It has a sliding pocket door. I was going to...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB