Discuss Tiling onto Terracota in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Most likely porcelain, unless there really old. I don't sell much real terracotta these days.
If there porcelain, 'eco prim grip' them and tile right over.

6inch tiles - most likely dust pressed or Quarries.
Terracotta was one of the best surfaces for aesthetic values in the history of tiling ( IMHO) but was ruined in our trade by the lack of knowledge and 'everyone' can do it attitude.
That makes me very old!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling onto Terracota in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm about to lay some antique 6"x6"x 0.5" ceramic tiles, all clean and dry, onto...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB