UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss tiling onto wedi board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tileunique

thanks for the new user welcomes, you lot are a friendly bunch it seems, which is good cause im going to be testing your patience over the next..who knows how long! Right, im tiling onto wedi board in the next few weeks{several bathrooms] some of which arn't perfectly flat and level, do i level them first or use extra adhesive in those areas, the difference in level is about 10mm in places. While im picking brains, what ady would you guys recommend, tiles are porcelain, 10mm thick, and i need to cut holes for waste, tap feeds etc, who does the best drill bits? i have plenty more questions but i dont want to freeze anyones brain....

F

Fliselege

thanks for the new user welcomes, you lot are a friendly bunch it seems, which is good cause im going to be testing your patience over the next..who knows how long! Right, im tiling onto wedi board in the next few weeks{several bathrooms] some of which arn't perfectly flat and level, do i level them first or use extra adhesive in those areas, the difference in level is about 10mm in places. While im picking brains, what ady would you guys recommend, tiles are porcelain, 10mm thick, and i need to cut holes for waste, tap feeds etc, who does the best drill bits? i have plenty more questions but i dont want to freeze anyones brain....
Don't know about anyone else but when we price a job, we price it in mind to go straight in and tile. We'll get over the odd obstacle but if I'm reading you right, then we'd call back the carpenters or whoever put up the wedi to put their work right. Our policy is our tiling is only as good as the walls we're given, unless of course part of our price is to straighten walls. Good luck with it!

P

Perry

Don't know about anyone else but when we price a job, we price it in mind to go straight in and tile. We'll get over the odd obstacle but if I'm reading you right, then we'd call back the carpenters or whoever put up the wedi to put their work right. Our policy is our tiling is only as good as the walls we're given, unless of course part of our price is to straighten walls. Good luck with it!
We would love that to happen here but we always pay them to do it they do it wrong then we have to do it free or charge or the customer pays for it again :incazzato:

F

Fliselege

We would love that to happen here but we always pay them to do it they do it wrong then we have to do it free or charge or the customer pays for it again :incazzato:
That's the curse of our job, the tiling is the finished product, what we tile on is never seen again, we try to get the job of putting up the boards and membraning ourselves when we can as we know to do it flat as we can for our own sake.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling onto wedi board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views
I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.