Discuss tiling over concrete and ply - what to use - HELP! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

signalyellow

Hi everyone
we are looking to lay travertine floor tiles over 2 substrates- a new concrete floor and the existing suspended wood floor ( 18mm ply over the floor joists) because of how the house was built we do not have a straight line where the 2 substrates meet ( along, up a bit, along, up a bit more - am sure you get the picture),.So we would have multiple expansion joints if we went that route
Hardi wallbacker was suggested but can't be laid on concrete according to the spec
So how do we best manage this situation - our tiler is stumped

all suggestions welcome

cheers

Terry

S

signalyellow

Thanks for the welcomes. Is pretty level but flexes a little see pics ignore the dark area just fresh screed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 90
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling over concrete and ply - what to use - HELP! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB